Blog Archive

Monday, July 25, 2022

Frankenlight

Thankfully the Imodium worked great and I was able to carry on like normal today! I grabbed some groceries then visited my friend, Liz.  

One gift I received today that was long awaited for was a mountain bike ride on my favorite, local trail called Frankenlight! To get to this trail one usually has to complete another trail first which I hadn’t done yet due to building up my endurance first. So anytime John and I ride, we take another lovely trail that’s easier for me. Then he’ll head out in a longer ride and I always tell him to say hello to Frankenlight for me! But tonight we took a sunset ride and I found a back way to Frankenlight and I rode it by myself in reverse, then meet up with Trace and John and rode it again with the 3 of us in the usual direction. It was like old times. Me and my buddies on my favorite local trail! Plus I could send my endurance really picking up and I rode at a much more normal pace which can feel a bit zippy and so much fun!! 


It’s my hope you can see the beauty in this place which the video doesn’t do it justice!



And it’ if that doesn’t relay my inner joy of being out there, perhaps this smile from ear to ear will!



I have so much to be thankful for! I told John tonight that when I feel this good, it’s really difficult to think I’m being treated for stage 4 breast cancer! I actually feel like I could go on for decades! That’s my plan! I’ll still do “all the things” like praying for continued healing, chemo every 3 weeks, doctors appointments, tests, supplements, conscientious eating and exercising. But if someone asked me how I’m doing today, I’d smile and say that I feel like a walking, talking, breathing, biking miracle!

I’m going to put a reminder here for something that I posted on Facebook but may not have reached all my readers. There are a few items that my husband made that I’m selling, actually auctioning off on eBay. Normally I would have just sold them anonymously on Marketplace, but some family and friends said they’d like to have something John made so it’ll go to the highest bidder. Here’s the link if you’re interested in looking and bidding on the first item. 

No comments: