Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Drove Home

For all who know I drive home unexpectedly today from Illinois to Ohio, I made it home safe and sound. I am thankful that I came home to several encouraging cards from people. Thanks to all of you who sent them including someone I haven’t heard from in many, many years that I don’t even know, but I met one time at a periodontal office when I did an interview. What a God thing and a surprise! 


Honestly my day consisted of just driving seven hours home. Once I got home, I was able to get myself set up in our spare bedroom so I could isolate for the next few days in case I come down with any symptoms. As of right now I don’t have any Covid symptoms, but the chemotherapy symptoms are starting slightly. My mouth is getting weirdness like the tip of my tongue feels like I burned it on coffee and the corners of my mouth are feeling like they could split. I’m getting a little brain fog starting too but I’ll see how tomorrow goes.

John went off to hockey tonight and I made myself a healthy dinner, cut the grass, and unpacked. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to go for a walk. Not sure if I’m expecting to feel any more of the chemotherapy symptoms or not but I’ll keep everyone posted.

That’s all I have. Not too profound today but I’m standing in a place of gratitude still. 

No comments: