Blog Archive

Sunday, July 10, 2022

My Sabbath

Sundays used to be going to church days but I really don’t want to be in a building with 300 people crammed into one room exchanging germs, hugs and hand shakes. So Sundays are more of a private time for God and me. Today I rode my mountain bike by myself for about 45 minutes in the woods at John Bryan. Sacred time. I am humbled and so grateful.



Afterwards I met up with my son, Jonathan, and my friend, Sarah Marie where we rode a rails to trails bike path for about an hour. I’m enjoying these days of feeling great. Choosing not to let this upcoming Friday’s infusion stress or worry me. Like my friend Karen says about her hubby’s chemo, it’s liquid sunshine! 


A few people have asked how long I’ll have chemo so I thought this might be a good time to recap. Currently I am being given three drugs through my port. One is a legitimate chemotherapeutic drug called Taxotere. The other two drugs are antibodies called Herceptin and Projeta. They are specifically for the H.E.R.2+ protein found on the breast cancer cells. I will continue to have the first one for six more sessions which is equal to 18 more weeks. The other two I will have ongoing the rest of my life. Thankfully, the one that I will stop taking in October is the one that causes hair loss and most of the yucky side effects. The other two don’t have as bad of side effects. Unfortunately, I will have to continue taking these medication‘s either for the rest of my life or until a cure for breast cancer is discovered. As much as I hate the idea of having to do this for the rest of my life, I am so very thankful for the progress and improvement that I have seen in the last month! And because the breast cancer was seen in my bones in several places, I am getting an injection every six weeks of a drug that is supposed to help strengthen my bones.



I’m looking forward to this week where I’ll get outside as often as possible, ride my bike daily if possible, continue enjoying reading in the book of Romans and staying positive & grateful. 

No comments: