Blog Archive

Monday, July 4, 2022

THIS Is My Miracle Today

We woke up at the crack of dawn to take John to the mountain bike trails at John Bryan State Park, my favorite local trails. I informed him that I WAS GOING AND RIDING TOO!! Thankfully no argument there. We loaded the bikes and headed up to meet Trace, our travel, camping, mountain biking buddy!! I was literally giddy on the drive up! I had great energy, zero pain, and felt like I could crush it!

John and Trace pedaled off to a trail with a bit more roots and rocks and I planned on riding separately on a flat, wide, dirt trail that isn’t a true trail, but rather a linking path that intersects trails. Then it happened…I saw the sign for one of my favorite trails, Abracadabra, so I decided to take it. I jumped on my very first mountain bike trail since the crazy met 4 diagnosis. I was on my Yeti SB115 bike properly named, ‘NO FEAR’! I cried pretty much the whole time. I also individually called my sister Lys, daughter & son-in-law, mom and my mountain biking coach-friend Brenda. I think we all cried knowing that one month ago nobody really imagined I could ever breath enough or have this kind of energy again. I told them all that they were witnessing a real live, modern age miracle!




I will do this again and again as long as I can until my next chemo appointment on July 15th. 

I also am thankful that my son and friend Kirby could simply pop over for a quick July 4th visit. 



Getting ready to turn in for the night and ready to wake up tomorrow with high hopes of a 6 am alarm and a 7 am ride again!! This is how I want to start every day!! So my theme song Gratitude by Brandon Lake easily formed a smile on my lips as I joyfully rolled along the trail, thanking God that I have breath in my lungs to do this. Not that long ago there were many a days that I hardly had enough air to walk up my stairs and now… look at this living, BREATHING miracle!! How could I not sing? I wonder if Brandon Lake ever realized how this song would give such strength and hope to a person struggling to breathe because of cancer in her lungs!









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly the Best News and What an amazing turn! I saw this and Immediately my heart jumped for joy! So many answered prayers! Hooray! I love you, sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

You are FAITH and optimism embodied!we love you so much!

Anonymous said...

All praise and glory in the sweet name of Jesus!!!!! Tricia you are a living miracle and testimony. Thanks be to God. 🇫🇷