Blog Archive

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Happy Birthday to My Son!

Today I honor my son whom I gave birth to 29 years ago! Everyday I’m here, the Lord fills me with Gratitude and a Million Little Miracles, including him! 


I actually started my day with some anxious thoughts about my upcoming chemo tomorrow. Thankfully, I quickly was able to mentally shift my thinking to one of recalling God’s words to ‘Have no fear’ and ‘Be anxious for nothing!’ Then I read in the Bible in the book of Romans and was reminded of this:

This beautiful day I was served and loved on by my friend Liz who helped transplant some of my abundant zinnia plants while LillyMae watered them. Then LillyMae and I took to the bike path and rode the Rails to Trails starting in Waynesville, OH. It was lush and green and we took several plants and flower photos on my app called Picture This and learned the names of several wild flowers. 



Unfortunately, while eating lunch I crunched wrong and broke a temporary crown off and had to head back to the dentist for a repair. Oh how thankful I was for nitrous to spare me from having a shot!! I may look goofy, and indeed I felt goofy, but it is a life saver using laughing gas!!


Finally, the evening ended with dear friends who had a birthday dinner for my son! Sure do love these people, Mike and Andrea are long time friends with great big hearts and a deep love for Jesus!


Today there were many many miracles that happened that continues to put me in a space of profound gratitude once again. David S finally was released from the hospital and is now home in Texas after almost 100 days! Also, my brother in law and sister had a friend exonerated after decades in prison. All these are just a couple of the million little miracles!! 

Tomorrow morning John and I will be up at The James for my next chemo infusion by 7:45 am. 

No comments: