Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Angels in My Mist

Woke this morning in my recliner breathing very shallowly and could hardly get up out of the chair even with supplemental oxygen. No energy. At the very moment I called my amazing Angel hubby to help me, my Angel nurse friend, Karen, was there because she was slated to Tricia-sit today while John worked. Instead of hanging around the house all day we ended up in Columbus OSU Emergency Department. I got the CT with contrast scan my new oncologist wanted and the best news of the day…

The CT showed that I had no pneumonia, no blood clots, and no new growths. Only had a little more fluid in my right lung than the CT from a month ago. AND I did not need my lungs drained!! So the problem that caused my shallow breathing was most likely the position I slept in the recliner last night due to my port  placement. 

There were so many angels that served me while I was there and I’m so profoundly thankful for each one, but one young woman who touched my heart the most was my Angel nurse, Brittany. She lovingly accessed my port and just looking into her eyes, I knew she has a special job here on earth as an Angel to bring comfort to all around her. 

John and Karen drove me home after the CT and good news and Karen sang us a song that touched deeply into our souls. 


Upon arriving we had the next Angel of the day, Lorna, come spend the evening with me so John could blow off some steam and play hockey. Lorna allowed me to be myself as I had really decent energy all evening. She cooked for me, we spent a little time organizing, chatting and making a few things in the kitchen. All in all, I am feeling really decent tonight for which I’m very thankful. 
Thank you to all those who very graciously send us cards and gifts. Each of you in appreciated immensely. 

No comments: