Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

First Chemo Day

Thank you EVERYONE who prayed for me as I got my first chemo treatment today! I not only woke up this morning feeling energized and peaceful, but I can say that I enjoyed my time at the chemo salon because I got to be with my daughter and husband and I read from this amazing little book (I don’t know who gifted it to me so if it was you, please let me know so I can properly thank you!) I never felt the medicine go in and so far, I feel no side effects! No nausea! Granted they gave me anti nausea meds but they’re working like a charm if I would be nauseous. I did learn that the typical side effects of the medicine they gave me are: nausea, fatigue, hair loss and decreased Red & white blood cell counts. We have to REALLY be careful about not getting any infections. 




The nurses were all so kind and compassionate. Even Mary  Beth was there who was one of my favorites from 6 years ago! I got to bring them Killer Healing Brownies from Dorothy Lane Market. I think there are a few terms in the oncology world that need to be renamed, this being one. 

Afterwards, I felt well enough to run some errands, one being I had to return a KY Derby hat to my friend and neighbor, Doni O. This woman holds an incredibly special place in my heart for so many reasons. 

Then as the evening rolled on, I can still say I’m feeling great! I’m still having coughing fits at night and in the mornings but I’m thankful my ribs are not hurting anymore after the fits are over. 

The next medical plan is to get my port next Monday and I’ve got an appointment for the chemo medication immediately afterwards. My hope is that I’ll tolerate this new chemo medication and watch it respond well in my body. It is my prayer that my breathing will improve and the coughing will subside. 

I heard from The James Cancer Center and they can’t get me in for a second opinion until June 15!! But they did say to go forward with whatever treatment Dr Cody has initiated.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grateful and holding you close, dear one! Praying continuously. ❤️👭🏽🙏😇