Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Drugged

Not much to report today other than I think in an effort to have me not feel nauseous after the first chemo treatment, I was given IV anti-nausea meds, then instructed to take Zofran alternating with 25 mg Phenergan every 3 hours and use my cough meds with codeine or Mucinex. Come to find out, 25 mg of Phenergan is way too much!! Mixing it with the Codeine in cough syrup was also way too much. Granted I’m thankful there has been zero nausea but oh my!!!! This has been a day of truly feeling drugged and incapable of functioning, walking, thinking, and even talking much. I’ve been on the sofa ALL day long!!


Thankfully Sarah and Connor are taking great care of me!! 

My big accomplishment of the day was canceling my flight in November for my 10th annual Girl’s Weekend. We decided to move it up to June. Here is a photo of the 2 women in my life that I have had the privilege of getting together with every year for 9 years now, despite pregnancies, nursing, Jordan’s death and my initial diagnosis in 2016. 


No comments: