Blog Archive

Monday, May 9, 2022

News at Oncologist and Hard Goodbyes

Today there was another answer to prayer…again! Medically, I went to the oncologist and had a very long conversation about my upcoming treatment plan and discovered that I actually CAN start chemo before having the port placed next week and by the end of my appointment I was told that my FIRST chemo treatment will start tomorrow instead of next week. I will have the Halaven drug once a week with a week off every third week. If my body responds well, then we will do this for the rest of my life. If not, there are other drugs we can try. The biggest prayer request is that it works before my lungs don’t. I certainly am continuing to struggle with my breathing so we pray this works quickly!

I also had an Angel do my blood draw and injections then played a beautiful worship song for me. This is Dani! 

On a personal note, I got to spend most of the day with Sarah Jean, Alex and Luke while my sweet hubby and Connor had to get back to work. Sarah and I had many laughs based on mutual tiredness and she ran all kinds of errands for me. I love having her and Connor stay here. 

Then tonight our dear friends, Mike and Andrea made us all an amazing organic food spread which will be my last meal before my life may have nausea as it’s norm. So incredibly thankful for these life long friends.  Even their son, Danny, serenaded me with his guitar! 

Then the hardest part of my day was saying goodbye to Alex. This young man has etched a permanent seal on all of our hearts and our love for him runs deep and wide. He is a true gentleman, a generous gift giver, and will be considered my beloved son forever. 




No comments: