Blog Archive

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Ready for surgery

Did pretty good today in general. I’m sure reading every day about the fact that I cough every day gets old for anybody. But in my world, not coughing is like a huge answer to prayer and a daily little miracle! I think we are figuring out a few things to mitigate it getting out of control. And today I’ve had hardly any coughing spells!! Thankfully my ribs don’t hurt at all today either! 

Breathing…well that’s noticeably more and more challenging with the littlest of activity. Just getting up from the living room chair and walking up my stairs puts my pulse rate over 100 and I have to sit quietly for a few minutes to catch my breath and I notice that even having a short conversation can get me quite winded so I need to keep my phone calls and visits well monitored or I find I overdue it. Never before have the lyrics of that song I keep referring to felt more powerful than that Gratitude song where it says, “Come on my soul, don’t you get shy on me, lift up your song cuz you’ve got a Lion inside of your lungs, come on and praise the Lord!” So no matter what, I find that praising the Lord gives me peace beyond the physical realm because I know He loves me more than any human ever could and with Him, I’m never alone.

This morning my sweet sweet friend, Courtney, blessed us by cleaning our entire house! She was here for hours visiting and cleaning and tending to my every need. She gently rubbed my back as I struggled to breathe a couple times then was off vacuuming, dusting and washing laundry!! This is priceless and such a huge blessing to both John and me!! 



Tonight we got see visit with friends I met years ago as Sari played ice hockey with John back when we first met. I got to meet their beautiful baby, Winter, and hug on these old friends, sari and Kevin, and share in our friendship love. What a joy! I truly believe and know that God knitted our lives together for a reason. 
Tomorrow morning I’m off to receive a port so the miracle drug that helps heal…called chemo…will continue to work in my cells to fight off cells that don’t belong there. But I know it’s way more than just the medication that can heal. I have God, Asea, and oodles of love and a super powerful network of prayer warriors storming heaven on my behalf. I’m a fighter and fight I will! I’m a lover and love I will! I’m a believer and believe I do. And at the end of the day it’s a Garden of Gethsemene prayer…. Take this cup from me Lord, and may it be not be my will, but Yours. So long as I have peace with my Creator, I’m ok. 
Who knows if I’ll be able to blog tomorrow but if not I’ll see if someone can for me. Good night beloved family and friends. Wo ai ni!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

❤️❤️ Are you to have Courtney.