Blog Archive

Friday, May 13, 2022

Roller Coaster of Emotions

Now that the steady flow of people is slowing, I’m keenly more aware of my needs. To give a realistic perspective, my breathing is shallow and coughing fits happen way more than I’d like to admit. Since yesterday my right pectoral muscle feels strained when I breathe so coughing, laughing, crying and sneezing is something I really try to avoid! But saying goodbyes to loved ones who don’t live locally gets to me and the tears just flow. 


I’m so thankful that even though my night time routine typically involves some pretty scary breathing and coughing, I end every night with two songs that puts my mind in the best place I know to be…worship and gratitude. I’ve probably posted these before but Sarah requested I post them again. Below is my sweet son-in-law comforting me in this challenging moment as he listens with me to songs that bring me so much peace. Million Little Miracles and Gratitude

The James Cancer Center did call to move up my appointment date for the second opinion.  Instead of it being 1 month away, it’s 2 business days away. So this upcoming Monday I’ll have the port surgery and 2nd chemo treatment then the next day on Tuesday I’ll drive to Columbus with my hubby for that second opinion. It might be a rough drive but that’s what pain meds are for!

This afternoon I had a little visit with my former coworker and dental Hygiene assistant, Courtney, as she came over to serve me and help with some things I realize I needed. It’s hard navigating all the people who want to come visit and I realize I need to prioritize my husband and kids, so please forgive me if I can’t get together with you as I’m trying to manage my schedule and get much needed rest. It will happen…just might need to wait a week. She’s going to put something together that will allow anyone to help where I need it most. 

Thank you for all your overflowing prayers and love. I thrive on it! Those texts saying that reading my blog has increased your personal faith in God makes me believe that all this is worth it! Reminds me of a song that captured my heart 11 years ago on the first night I met John Wonderly that lead to being married to this amazing man 10 years this upcoming December. Here we are on our honeymoon 12-12-12. Beautiful Things




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love Miracles song. I’d not heard Gratitude. Thanks for taking moments out of your day to share your world, love, needs etc with us. I see by your post the incredible love & lives you’ve touched on this journey❤️❤️❤️