Blog Archive

Friday, May 20, 2022

Second Biopsy Done and LilyMae’s Day

My blessed morning started with Liz reading a psalm and praying over me.


My friend and former co-worker Jessica came by this morning to help me get situated for our long trip back up to Columbus for a simple needle biopsy of a lymph node in my neck area to confirm the diagnosis from Dr Cody’s biopsy in my hip bone two weeks ago. This is one of the reasons I decided to switch to The James. I personally questioned the biopsy results that the metastatic was triple negative. When Dr Sudheendra at The James also questioned it, I felt much better that we could re-biopsy and confirm since the treatment will be totally different depending on the diagnosis. 

When John and I got to Columbus, the weather was idyllic!! Because we got there at least 2 hours earlier than we needed to be, we sat outside in the courtyard and soaked in the sun  while we sat on a bench, I laid my head on my sweet man’s lap as he ever so gently stroked my hair as the perfect breeze billowed over me. This man loves me fiercely and I’m so thankful!

Finally our time came to go inside and, as always, the wonderful people God chooses to be my care providers continued to bless me. One of the sweetest, most personable, most fun and confident nurses I’ve worked with is this lovely human named Clarissa. It’s amazing how much we can connect with people in such a short time but Angels like her are easy to see. 

Today is a very sacred and special day for one of my most precious young friends! Although her birthday is tomorrow, this 13 year old is truly the most mature, tender hearted, Jesus loving young women I have ever known. Today was her birthday party that I could not attend but I made it a priority to stop by and give her a blessing, read her scriptures to contemplate, cry with her, wipe her tears away and remind her to EMBRACE this day and every day fully however it comes. Happy birthday sweet LilyMae!

Once again we returned home to a box on the front stoop. Friend and friends of friends have lavished us with such love. Thank you Heather!! Thank you FP! Tonight we celebrated life, love, a meal and healing prayer and with our dear friends B&L. 

Thankfully I’m going to sleep pain free and peaceful. 



No comments: