Blog Archive

Monday, May 9, 2022

Best Mother’s Day

Yesterday I was blessed beyond belief to have spent Mother’s Day with both my mother AND my kids (minus Jumi 😢). Everyone kept the world’s biggest secret from me that my son, Alex, flew in from China to see me despite all the shut downs there now!! And I was able to physically hug him, Sarah Jean and Jonathan plus my own mama on Mother’s Day!!! Miracles happening every day here! I’m speechless and so very loved by these beautiful people that God knitted into my life! 


It was also a day of goodbyes to my lovely family. Many tears but oh so much love!! Thank you mom, Lys, Paula, Aunt Ro, Rocki and Kaitlyn for bringing Rockford love to me for Whirlwind of a weekend! Thank you Doni and Glenn for hosting my family at your 5 star home, aka, Bed and Breakfast!! My heart could burst!



Then the rest of the day was a little more chill. My amazing hubby has a heart of gold as he continued to shower me and everyone with serving us with innumerable acts of service. Cooking, cleaning, getting everyone what they needed to allow me time with my people. Oh how I love that man!!
And then I can show everyone yet another miracle! This is my former spouse who came to visit and be with the kids, John and me for the weekend! He continues to bless me with all the Asea I need and offer a helping hand in navigating my crazy journey. Thank you, Luke!
Final Mother’s Day gift came this morning from some of my dearest friends, the Cassinari-Pieniazek clan who brought me a hand made quilt that was stitched with love by Liz’ mama, Vicki. 

And now for the health part of the blog…let’s just say it’s mostly unchanged. I see the oncologist later today and will be asking more questions, mostly about the fact that I’m concerned about waiting yet another week to start treatment because of having to wait on the port insertion surgery. It’s been tough not coughing this weekend with all the laughing and crying that took place, but oh…so worth it!

No comments: