Blog Archive

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Prayers Needed

Today I woke up feeling more energized since I had proper oxygen all night long. But my energy waned quickly and I rested much of the day. John was tired and napped off and on all day too so we thought that all this care-taking of me just wore him out. So thankfully Sarah Jean is here to take care of me.  

Jonathan came by this afternoon to deliver my wheatgrass juice and give me mama hugs. 

Sarah and I did get to record me reading one of the children’s book I wrote when the kids were small. 

We also went through several photo albums and memorabilia from the kids’ childhood. 

Then came a call we all dreaded. A friend I visited on Friday came down with COVID. It made me wonder why John has been so tired the past 2 days so I asked him to take a test and shockingly, he was also positive. Thankfully both Sarah and I tested negative however we need to watch ourselves closely. With her being pregnant and me having a challenged immune system, getting sick right now would not be at all favorable for either of us. 

Immediately John packed a suitcase for about a week and went to a local hotel while Sarah and I cleaned every knob, light switch and surface that John might have touched. Sarah was able to change her flight home tomorrow to Thursday so she can be with me. But I’m wiped out and needing some food and sleep right now. Tomorrow I’ll call The James to see how they will handle this. 

My prayer request is that John recovers quickly, neither Sarah Jean nor I get sick and anyone John came in contact with doesn’t get sick. 

Thank you! Trusting in joy, courage and love!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you are recording the stories❤️. 🙏🙏🙏.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Jean is a wonderful daughter

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you all, my sweet friend. I miss you! Let’s catch up soon. 🙏🏻💜🙏🏻

Anonymous said...

Prayers for everyone 🙏

Kathy said...

I’m praying for you all. Thank goodness sweet Sarah is there. I pray John heals quickly and you don’t get it. I’m so happy you felt well enough to go through some of your memorabilia and especially to read your story! I didn’t know you were an author!!! Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

This is an anonymous comment so I don’t know who this is writing.

Alina said...

You came to my mind today and then I read your blog. I am praying for you and your family. Love, Alina

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my daily prayers.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for the Lord’s mercy and that he will heal your ailing body quickly! Sending love and prayers!

Dave Brackemyre said...

Tricia, very saddened about your present condition. Always enjoyed our relationship in VOM over the years. Will pray. We remain thankful for the victory given us by our Heavenly Father through the resurrection of His Son. God's richest blessings. Dave

Anonymous said...

Love, hugs, & prayers.