Blog Archive

Monday, May 16, 2022

Port Surgery and Chemo Day

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

This morning as John and I drove to the hospital for my port placement we were in awe of the beautiful full moon. It’s God’s glory. Then I read Psalm 19 while waiting to be sedated and loved the reminder of His Word about His creation. 

The surgery went like clock work. The doctor and nurses were amazing and before I knew it, I was done and gone!! Of course I have been numb all day so there’s been no pain and I’m thankful for that. 

We immediately went to the medical oncologist for my second round of chemo. Other than being absolutely exhausted from getting up at 3:30 am, the chemo itself was very easy. 

No feeling of poison flooding into my brain like the last time in 2016. It did take a total of 4 hours between seeing the oncologist, blood draws and chemo. The only bump in the road was my oxygen. I really struggled to breathe a couple times and the doctor decided to do an exertion test which I kinda failed. So because of that, they ordered me to have an oxygen tank available. 

Upon my return home my dearest Michaelah has dinner prepared and hung out with me while John went to work for a few hours. My friend Doni showed up with a huge tray of lasagna. Speaking to my hubby’s tummy. 


I think I have my list of all the medications I’m taking and when. It’s a lot to juggle!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FP... praying you through Tues appt. Let us then set up time❤️