Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Necessary Shift

Last night was critical in my mental, emotional and spiritual health. I realized that when I got some information regarding some of the biopsy test results a few days ago, it negatively affected me in such a way for the past 2 days that it made me think and feel defeated as if I was succumbing to the doctor’s prognosis. I began to question everything I was going through and not in a positive way. I was quietly feeling so sad. It’s like my joy was being stolen right out from under me. I knew I couldn’t carry on like that. I got stuck in my thinking. 

But because there are literally hundreds of family and friends praying, I couldn’t stay there long. I see the million little miracles happening everywhere, even in my mental state. 

God allowed me to see a post from someone who mentioned a movie called “Heal” on Amazon Prime. I asked Trace and John if they’d be willing to watch it with me, which they did. While I know it was a little woo-woo, I sensed God showing me how to shift from a victim to victory mentality. I have full confidence in God’s ability to communicate to me in so many ways if I just have the eyes and ears for it. And what God wanted me to realize is that He is fully aware of my circumstance and He desires me to come to Him and trust His plan & that I don’t have to sit in fear. I have so much inside me that can truly change everything: my thoughts, my body’s chemistry, my attitude…and all that truly helps us to heal. If our thoughts around stress causes our bodies to get sick, then our thoughts and choices can help make us well, too. 

He doesn’t desire me to suffer, but He can use my circumstance to help others see His love and care for each of us. He wants each of us to quietly put our trust in Him, because He genuinely wants an intimate relationship with each of us. As His daughter, I do desire that God would use my life to point others to Him. So if even one person seeks out God and believes how He desires a relationship with us then I’m going to say all this is worth it. 

All that to say that I was able to call my son and asked him to guide me through a meditation and help me shift my stinking thinking and he did. It was awesome! It’s exactly what I needed. And since then, I’ve had a complete mental, physical, emotional and spiritual shift. In fact, last night was the first night I haven’t taken ibuprofen and muscle relaxers to sleep in a couple weeks!! That’s a miracle!

Today I was able to enjoy God’s beautiful creation while the boys went mountain biking here in Bentonville, AR.


I got to talk to some dear friends and was in a much better state of mind.

Now I was able to watch the miracles unfold of a mind set on God’s love and care of me. Here was the gift I got as I sat waiting on the guys. A hidden creek with crystal clear water. 
I know that my body is already healing and because of my Jesus and everyone’s radical love displayed toward me and my health choices in food and Asea and an attitude of gratitude, etc., I’m in such a better frame of mind today. Those are my miracles today and for that I’m most thankful!!

No comments: