Blog Archive

Thursday, June 23, 2022

A Bench Gift Miracle

Had a great night’s sleep without waking up once in 3 months! As I awoke, I wasn’t sure if my tummy was starting to get hungry or if chemo nausea was starting so I decided to get something to eat right away. Fortunately it was hunger and it assuaged easily. This sensation occurred several times throughout the day but by 4:00 pm, I decided not to tempt fate and took a Zofran for nausea.

My dear friend, Andrea, offered to stay with me all day so we started the day with a hike in the woods at Patricia Allyn/Hoffmann Reserve Park by our house. It’s one of my favorite local hiking places to go and I always make sure I walk through the pine forest grove. There were Township workers cutting brush and honeysuckle so we stopped over to see what equipment they were using because Andrea has over 100 acres full of honeysuckle and wanted to scope out the process. A very friendly worker hopped off the machinery and explained who, what, why and how the cut trails and park came to be. I asked him if there were plans for a bench in the pine forest because it’s one thing I would love to do is to be able to just sit, worship, pray and soak in the scent and beauty of that little slice of heaven on earth. I had an A-ha moment. So many loving people have asked what they could do to support me during my healing and I finally have a grand idea! What if I have a bench made for me and donate it to the Echo Valley Pine Forest for us to have a sacred spot in these woods to sit and enjoy? He thought it was a great idea and we exchanged contact information. Four hours later I received this text from my Angel, Carl!!


This man spent his precious time clearing a perfect spot, building a bench made from a felled tree and positioned it perfectly just for me!!! So immediately Andrea and I went back there and sat on this beautiful gift from a beautiful human! So until I have a permanent bench built, I will have Carl’s bench to go and sit in this place. 


Of course, I was filled with intense gratitude! It actually made both Andrea and me cry that some perfect stranger would carve out time out of his day to create such a treasure for me until mine is built!! So what did I do? I went back and sat on my bench and sang Gratitude with tears in my eyes at God’s miracle once again! So I guess it’s official, I’m getting a bench made just for me with my name on it! So if you wanted to do something meaningful for me during my healing journey, here is one idea where you could support me. Feel free to reach out if that’s what you feel led to do.


Another bright spot in my day was getting a sweet text from my daughter showing me the ultrasound of my granddaughter!!


As for how I’m actually feeling 2 days past chemo, I think considering what all has been pumped into my body, I’m doing really well. Breathing was just a little less effortless today but not anything like a few weeks ago. Nausea was kept at bay. I didn’t need to nap and got quite a bit of activity in. So all in all, I’m thankful I did so well today. But now I’m ready for sweet slumber. 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! So many great people in this world 🥰🥰love mom