Blog Archive

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Father’s Day & Some Bodily Fluids Discussed Here.

Father’s Day and I started out talking to my Pops at 5:00 am! Here is a photo from 2016 when we looked like twins! Give me a couple more days and I’ll look just like that again!! Hair falling out in droves now!


I’m thoroughly loving waking up early and spending time reading in my Bible and talking to the Lord. However, as I noticed some physical changes happening in addition to hair loss, I am also realizing how my body is changing in many ways and how it negatively affects my day to day life. Chemo drugs can cause nausea, GI changes, and really any cells that tend to be more fast shedding and ‘sensitive’ or tender like oral tissues, nasal cavities, eyes, GI tracts, and those private areas. For the past couple weeks I’ve experienced this a little bit like watery eyes and drippy nose but a couple days ago I noticed my body getting more and more uncomfortable. As of today I have more severe stomach cramping and I’m taking Imodium very intensely to keep from dehydrating since I’ve visited the bathroom 8 times already today! It can be very dangerous if I don’t get it under control. Supposedly, my food needs to change for a while to what’s called a BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. Considering I have chemo again this upcoming Tuesday, I’m hoping my body will calm down before then. Here is the verse the Lord gave me this morning:  


I did go to John’s shop and spent a little time there with him as he worked on our van, but quickly realized I needed to go home and rest. So for the rest of the evening I was writhing with cramps and visiting the bathroom. John stopped and bought me some essentials for the night like applesauce, super soft TP and…reality check…Depends! Some things on this journey are very humbling, some things are sad, some things are painful. Everything is something to process and I get to choose how I respond to it all. So I’ll wear these Depends with dignity since it truly is the least of my concerns and I’ll play my worship music, stretch out my arms and praise Him again and again singing Hallelujah as I go to bed tonight! I’m just happy to be alive and breathing! 


No comments: