Blog Archive

Sunday, June 26, 2022

On The Upswing

The chemo side effects seemed to be my focus this morning. Woke still noticeably aware of everything I described yesterday. So I laid in bed, tried reading Scripture, watched the last episodes of The Chosen, napped and slept it off. At about 2:30 pm, I felt a bit of energy and slight normalcy so I headed to visit Liz and we sat in rocking chairs on her front porch, walked around her farmette, visited with LillyMae, sang in the rain and got to hold her Baby J. Rich blessings the Lord lavishes on me every day!


My son visited for a few hours so I took him to my bench where we talked about the important things in life, like living life to the fullest, being present, seeking real purpose in our lives and being grateful for each other. We soaked in the Pines as we sat on the bench and I shared the miraculous story of how it came to be and then on our way out of the park, God timed it perfectly that Jonathan actually got to meet this Angel Carl who built me the temporary bench. There are no mistakes. 


Looking forward to improving every day after these drug’s nasty side effects wear off. I will do my PT. I will read 3 chapters of Scripture daily. I will exercise. I will ride my bike this week. I will praise God for another day of life. I will not take Breathing for granted even though I’m breathing much much better. I will see a million little miracles before my eyes. I will choose joy. I will love more deeply. I will sit on my bench and pray and worship the Creator of the universe. I will not be ashamed to give God ALL the glory. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy love mom