Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Chemo Day at Stephanie Spielman Cancer Center

My day started at 2 am because I was instructed to start oral steroids prior to my chemo today. I got lots done from 2-6 am including reading my 3 chapters a day in Ephesians. I came across this verse that I really loved. 


It’s a James Day ALL day. Had a PT assessment by Julie and for the most part she said I’m strong however she noticed some weakness in my hips and legs so got a PT plan to strengthen my core so that I can and will mountain bike again!! 


In fact, John is researching places to take me to ride on “rails to trails” trails in beautiful places like Virginia Creeper Trail in VA and Hiawatha Bike Trail in Idaho and Montana!! I can’t wait till I’m strong enough to go!! 

Accessing my port and blood draws was next. I love it when nurses have a sense of humor. Here Diedre pretended to be Nurse Ratchet and acted like she was stabbing my head!! 


Next was meeting with my Nurse Practitioner to review my progress and while she didn’t say that she believed in miracles, she definitely was in awe of my progress! She wasn’t comfortable with me posting her photo so I doctored it up for her protection. 


Last is chemo. I should be done in 2 hours and they just gave me 50 mg of Benadryl to start so I’m going to post now because before you know it, I’ll be asleep and drugged. 


This is not for sissies!


Arrived home and was a bit groggy but the Benadryl was oral and not via my IV so for some reason it feels like it was out of my system faster. One of my BFFs stopped over to see how I was doing and watered my zinnia and now I’m ready to crash and burn. Thank you for taking the time to read about my day. It means so much that so many are concerned, call and pray for me. This girl is going down!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

❤️❤️

Anonymous said...

💙💜

Anonymous said...

💕💕

Patti Dematteis said...

I'm so glad you are doing well with all this. You are so strong, loved and supported by so many people! Anyone who knows you or is just following your blog has got to see where your strength comes from! You are for sure accomplishing one of your biggest goals... helping people see how a close relationship with God makes everyday a joy and a gift! Remember this? The past is history, the future is a mystery, today is a gift from God. That's why we call it the present!!! Keep on being strong and positive! Love you!