Blog Archive

Monday, June 13, 2022

Mom Day #2

With the heat index getting hot today into the 90’s, mom and I decided to go for a walk early this morning while it was still in the 70’s. While on our walk we came across a patio table and 6 chairs that someone was putting out for the pickers! Considering I sold mine last Fall, I had nothing for enjoying eating outdoors so I called John and asked him to bring the van so we could power wash them and have a nice new place to enjoy eating this summer. And on top of the gift of a free table and chairs, I walked 2 miles this morning without getting too winded. Granted I slept and took a nap as soon as we got home, but I did it!! TWO miles!! Then we visited my adorable and talented Doni O who made a yummy dessert for us. It’s the second time since April I’ve had a dessert. Her garden is glorious!


Then it was time to pick up my wig. Not that I’m bald yet but I’m more ready for when it falls out. Here is my official wig. I’m not so sure I love it yet from the front but the color does match my own pretty well.

Then off to the grocery store to buy fresh wild caught fish. I’ve been craving fish and despite the thunderstorms tonight, John grilled it for us tonight!!

As for how I’m feeling, I’m very thankful that my energy is good but I’m not looking forward to chemo week since I’m feeling so good right now. My chest is a little restricted with breathing but NOTHING like 2 weeks ago! I haven’t coughed and still no Mucinex! I do take a little oxycodone to help with rib pain but it’s manageable. While I need to take a couple naps a day to keep rested, overall I’m very pleased with my progress. Prayers, Asea, Melatonin, a positive attitude and traditional medication are all seeming to be working great!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wig is precious! So happy you are feeling well! Love to run down and but when? You have lots of guests. Lora will be back in July. I know she would love to see you too! Maybe then.❤️Keep having miracles!

Anonymous said...

Wig looks terrific but I gotta say I love what your mom did to your real hair. You rocked her cut. 🥰😘🥵🥵 stay cool friend! -Cindy