Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Experiencing God’s Favor

 


At 6:30 am the brilliant sun rose above the tree tops at Patricia Allyn Park while a friend and I sat on a bench reading through the Bible in the book of Ephesians. There is something remarkable, fresh and relevant about The Passion Translation of the Bible! We read and prayed and talked about the incredible gift we have in a relationship with the God of creation. The bullfrogs were croaking and birds were flying around the fountain as the soothing water sang to us. We were fixated on the moment and sat in awe of the experience. 


Then we decided to go for a hike in the woods again and I was able to climb over little creeks, up muddy hills and on the trails in the woods for about a mile without extra oxygen!! I kept telling Linda’s how thankful I was for the ability to breathe and hike as I can sense my body getting stronger! There was a sweet trickling creek next to the hiking trail that caused me to pause and give thanks. 


I did receive a call from the nurse practitioner at The James to review my chest X-ray from yesterday to evaluate my rib pain. She suggested that I have a consultation with a radiation oncologist but that it might take at least a week to get in to see one. Then to my pleasant surprise, when I called to schedule, I was informed that TOMORROW morning there was a cancellation and it was with Dr Julia White!! My oldest sister, Karen, used to work with Dr White and said she’s the best radiation oncologist she’s ever worked with! I knew this was yet another miracle and God’s favor was upon me. 

Today Linda’s and I kept quite productive from gardening to organizing and cleaning! I’m continually wowed at the love I get to experience as I’m going through this. Friends bringing by helpful items, food, etc. so many want to help me and I’m humbled daily. 

Physically I’m really hopeful that my ribs will get treatment and I’ll find comfort tomorrow. Sneezing and coughing has become so painful, it will drop my to my knees. The only other little irritation is the skin inside my nose is cracked and yikes does that hurt. Aquaphor and I are frequent fliers these days. I guess my skin can degrade with the chemo. 

Off to shower and collect another fist full of hair!! At least I enjoyed some nice cream again tonight made with bananas and dark sweet cherries. 




No comments: