Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Treatment and A Revelation

Woke up to such a sweet text from my daughter!! She felt the baby move for the first time last night!! Oh be still my beating heart. 

 It is my hope and prayer I’ll get to hold that precious bundle come November!

Up really early to arrive in Columbus at one of the OSU Wexner - The James Centers for an MRI of my liver. The young lady who did my IV was very gentle and explained everything with excellence! I asked if she would take a photo of me in the procedure but she didn’t think it was allowed so I got this outside the room and she wrote down the name and model of the machine so I could Google it.


In between appointments I was spoiled by my mama and she took me out to breakfast at Northstar CafΓ© in Columbus! My favorite breakfast spot!! 



On to a palliative radiation appointment for my rib pain. Dr White said she really didn’t see any fractures so she treated where it hurt me most which was on a total of 3 ribs. That’s weird because it definitely is an isolated pain so I was certain something was cracked or fractured. Also she indicated that another area I explained that hurt when she palpated it, there wasn’t even a rib in that specific spot, so she assumed it was my liver? She did treat those 3 ribs though and said I’ll know in 1-4 weeks if it helped! Until then, I’ll continue with my own pain control. I also found out that this amazing radiation oncologist, Dr Julia White, is relocating to Kansas in July 2022 so I only saw her once for treatment and now she’s off to another facility. I am so blessed that she not only treated me this time but she personally has trained all the other radiation oncologists there for the past several years. 


 The radiation treatment was simple, however, keeping my arms above my head was a challenge due to the stretching and rib discomfort, however God kept me comforted. 


Today, June 15, is my mom and dad’s 59th wedding anniversary and where did she spend it?? Hundreds of miles away from home to be with me!! So we celebrated with Jeni’s famous ice cream in Columbus in their honor where I allowed myself to have my first ice cream in months! 



We came home and napped. While waking I had a thought that was prophetic, I believe. This was probably spurred on by my earlier conversation with Dr White as we discussed stage 4 metastatic breast cancer in bones, liver, lungs, lymph nodes, etc…She said once it’s metastatic, it never completely goes away and that’s why one needs treatment for the rest of their lives! It helps keep it at bay and hopefully gives one a quality of life that can be better than when it progresses. She also said that because it’s in my bones, I shouldn’t do any exercise that has impact on my spine or bones…. Like mountain biking! I’m not ready to hear or believe that and I’m going to find a way to make it happen even if it looks different than what I did, I will mountain bike again! 

Here is the thought I had: just like Jesus was with the Father before the creation of the world, I, too, was known by the Father before the creation of the world. And just like Jesus became flesh and came to this earth at a specific time and for a specific purpose, I, too, took on flesh at this time and for a specific purpose. And just like Jesus died and then resurrected to be back with the Father again and lives eternally reigning forever in the Heavenly spiritual realm, I, too, will die at some known point in time and my spirit will be with Jesus as a co-heir alive in the Heavenly spiritual realm. Jesus lived and died for me so that I could share about His great sacrifice and love with you. So whether or not you know me or maybe you are just reading this but have never even met me, I’m here to say that my purpose is to glorify my God through what Jesus did and to share it with you. It’s my hope that my life honors Him in that and that you won’t look at me and what I’ve done but you’ll look to Jesus and what He’s done. We all will come and before we know it, we are gone. I know where I’m going when it’s time. I want you to experience that same peace and love and assurance.

https://bible.com/bible/1849/eph.2.6-10.TPT

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen & Amen

Tiffany Navey said...

Amen Tricia!! Sending love and prayers! πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ˜˜πŸ’œπŸ™πŸ»

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed ice cream with your mama ❤️πŸ₯°

Lori Halter said...

So many things to love about this, Northstar, Jeni's and you of course! I'm especially grateful that God made it possible for us to meet so many years ago :) Continuing to keep you in my prayers!

Shannon said...

Tricia you are such a blessing to so many people. You are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Amen! You are a beautiful disciple of Jesus and an inspiration my dear sister-wife! Sending you love and prayers.