Blog Archive

Friday, June 24, 2022

Tina Day & Steroids Fading

Today started out perfectly. Wrapped in a loving husband’s arms as I open my eyes. As of this morning, I was feeling well 3 days out post chemo treatment.  Reading Scripture with my sissy and then I spent the next 2 hours at my ‘Carl’s Bench’ in the Echo Valley Pine Grove. Just in case my Angel Carl appeared, I brought a mini red solo cup for us both so we could share our first cup of tea together. After soaking in the pine scent, the bird’s singing, the sunshine in my face and the first moments here by myself, who showed up but the Angel himself. 



Then spent the day with a long time friend from when our girls were gymnasts. This rock, this fence post, this jewel of a friend and I haven’t spent much one on one time together in…. years! Yet it didn’t seem like that. We enjoyed lunch and a ride into our Wonderly Woods then I took her over to my bench to see for herself this special place. Just a delight to spend time with people we love and feel like God continues to orchestrate it all!


It really wasn’t until 5:00 that I started feeling a bit tired so I crawled in bed and napped. On the recommendation of my sister, I’ve ordered something called Kachava to easily make smoothies. Hopefully I like them. 

Other than that I can say that this evening I started to feel much more chemo yucky. Foggy brained, tummy upset, tired and apathetic. I’ll slip into bed and hope it’s better tomorrow. Regardless of how I feel, I’m blessed and thankful. 

No comments: