Blog Archive

Monday, June 6, 2022

Getting Wiggy With It!

Woke this morning to physical rib pain that caused me to gasp for air, swear and slowly move my body until it was comfortable enough to get out of bed. 

Then I had the gift of an early sunrise morning outside in my back yard watching young squirrels frolicking and my wind chime gently singing while I texted with a dear Shred Sister, Brenda, who faithfully texts me every day something she’s grateful for!! 

The Lord gave me Ephesians to read and re-read. So many beautiful words for my heart to ponder. This is one of the verses the Lord impressed on me today. I will train my mouth to give the Lord praise instead of cussing when I feel pain! 



Today my friend Andrea hung out with me all day and our big adventure was picking out my wig for when my hair does fall out more and I shave it! So after trying on about 20 different ones, I decided on this style, although mine will be a bit darker in color. 


Tonight I’m headed to bed early in hopes that the oxycodone will knock me out so I don’t have to deal with this rib pain. Talked to the oncologist earlier today and while she put in an order for an X-ray to verify if it’s cracked vs having muscle strain, she suggested waiting another day or two in order to see if it feels better. Thankfully ice feels good so tonight I’m going to bed with an ice pack. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that wig on you! Beautiful and stylish. You look great and amaze me with your faith and strength every day.