Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Steroid Day Woohoo!!

Woke up at 5 am ready to conquer the day! Got up, made breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, had my friend Kathy make a long list of all the things I wanted to get done today and we just about finished them! Having steroids with chemo is like the opposite of Benadryl when I felt like I couldn’t function. Today I was buzzing!! And the great news is my oxygen was 99 tonight all on its own without supplemental O2!!! This is an answer to all your prayers!!


When I showered today I had a decent fist full of hair that fell out. I know the oncologist told me I’d lose my hair after 2 treatments and it’s been 14 days since that first chemo so I knew it would start. So I did call a wig store today and will get fitted next Monday for one. I’m not sure I’ll have much hair by then so it will be fun deciding on a style and color. I didn’t really wear my wig much last time so I’m not sure how I’ll do it this time. I have a decent head shape and with dangly earrings and lipstick I can rock the bald pretty well. So I’m not too worried about being bald. 

Kathy my friend didn’t let me get a picture of her for my blog so this is the best I could do this morning as I surprised her with a quick picture as she was eating her banana for breakfast. She promises a better one tomorrow. 

Well my melatonin is kicking in and I’m about to fall asleep. Other than a general sense of gratitude for the miracles all around me, I don’t have any profoundly spiritual things to say today. I do give God all the glory for my continued healing and good attitude. Another huge praise is that the oncologist nurses told me I would probably have nausea and definitely have diarrhea after the chemo and I didn’t have either one all day!! Another answer to prayers. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You’re so mean! Hopefully todays picture was better than the avocados!