Blog Archive

Monday, June 20, 2022

B is for Beautifully Bald

Thank you to anyone who said a prayer for me yesterday! I woke up at 3 am and took my last Imodium and today I was Grrrreat all day! A little dehydrated perhaps in the morning because I felt sluggish, but some Pedialyte saved the day!!

On this day I helped my friend, Sarah Marie, pick 4 lbs of mulberries, went to my dental office and got to see my peeps, get lots of big hugs and get my teeth cleaned. 



Then came home and helped John make homemade applesauce! If I’m going to need the fixings for the BRAT diet, I’d like to make my own Applesauce with my special recipe! Thank you Doni O for lending me the Apple peeler, corer & Pioneer Woman for the recipe!



I rode my bike around the neighborhood for 8 solid minutes without stopping, without falling, without being winded and without ceasing to praise God for this miracle! I literally cried as I rode my bike and just said thank you, thank you, thank you, Lord! I prayed for all my friends and loved ones, I prayed for those who need healing, I prayed that everyone I know to experience this ecstasy of being known by our Creator so intimately and feel the love He has for each and every one of us! Sometimes I think I was kinda stale in my walk with Jesus, but I’m so very thankful that this cancer diagnosis woke me back up to the sweet sweet joy of walking closer to God than ever!

Then came the easy decision…it was time to shave my head. Six years ago when I did this it was a group effort with local friends. This time it was a sacred moment between my best friend and me. John did an amazing job using the clippers.  Then I showered and shaved it baby butt smooth. Like I’ve always said, dangly earrings and lipstick goes a long way in helping a lady feel more feminine when bald. Also a cute shirt with a pretty neckline is enhancing too, thanks to my daughter, Sarah, who gave me this bling-y sweatshirt! I really don’t mind being bald, in fact I’ll be surprised if I ever wear my wig! So I hope it doesn’t send shock waves to my readers, but just remember this when you see this bald woman…when I look at you, I don’t see me bald, I see you, I feel normal, I’m just regular ole me. So please don’t feel awkward around me. Ask to rub my head, talk to me about it if you want to, don’t pity me or feel sad for me!  You see, I know I’m ok and I’m just beyond blessed to be alive and have you in my life!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You a beautiful bald lady!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so incredibly beautiful ... inside and out❤️.

Anonymous said...

Love

Tiffany Navey said...

Tricia, you are stunning bald! You’re beauty within radiates out! You GLOW! Continued prayers going up! Love you dear friend! 😍🙏🏻💜

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with us, Tricia….Continuing to place and your caregivers in the outstretched arms of our Creator. Linked up with all in prayer 🙏

Anonymous said...

You are still gorgeous as ever! Way to rock it, girlfriend! I look forward to following your journey everyday. You have the best friends and family- I have truly never witnessed anything like the support you receive on a daily basis.