Blog Archive

Friday, June 10, 2022

Friends Come, Friends Go

Our good friends left after being here for 5 days. They stayed in their camper on our shop property and this morning Linda and I spend a little time in the Word together reading 1 John as we looked out into our woods and watched their dog frolicking around in the grass. What pure joy it is to have so much precious time with friends who live so far away. 


Today I’m going to work on a project that my friend Lynn encouraged me to do. After the first time I had a breast cancer diagnosis in 2016, I felt like it was important to leave a legacy of a cookbook of my family’s favorite recipes. So I wrote and created one. Well, since then so many of my friends have asked me for a copy but I ran out of them. Lynn suggested reprinting some to sell. Not sure who all would be interested, but today I’m going to work on editing it and creating a second edition. If this project comes to fruition, I’ll let everyone know. In fact, I just send my friend, Amy H, a quick recipe from out of one of my favorite desserts…Raspberry Bars!



Got to catch up with coworker and friend, Nicole, this morning. I sure do miss my work family! 

Today was a very quiet day of sitting in my recliner and resting. When I got up to fold laundry I had very sharp pain in my rib cage that stole my breath and made me not want to move for a few seconds. This happened several times so after consulting with the on call nurse and my sister, Karen, I took oxycodone to see if I had relief. I decided to shower and pray and ask God to help me. Thankfully, after a super hot and long shower, I actually felt much more comfortable. 

John made me dinner with salmon and then my long time friend, Aimee, came in for the weekend. We knew each other from when we lived in Illinois and our kids were in gymnastics together back in the early 1990s. This great woman of faith sends me a Bible verse every day and has for years!





No comments: