Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Please Pass the Steroids…And Thank You

Up at 4:00 am!! Gotta love steroids! Today is going to be filled with lots of boxes to check off my to do list! Water zinnia at 5:00 am…check. Ate avocado toast breakfast at 5:15 am…check. Cleaned kitchen at 5:30 am…check. Read Ephesians 1-3 at 6:00 am…check. Read Psalm with Liz at 6:30 am…check. Laundry started at 7:00 am…check. Swept the sidewalk, ate second breakfast all before 8 am… check, check, check! 

It’s now 11:00 pm and my day is practically done and it was filled with the most beautiful encounters, heart felt discussions, spiritual highs and joyful laughter! Today has been truly one of my favorite days since all this crazy started from start to finish! God was in it all!!! From a moonlit sunrise to cues from birds to share a very unexpected God moment with one of my dearest cousins to a call from my encouraging future mountain bike coach turned friend and so much more!! No shame, Jesus governed my day! 

Doni O filled my day with oodles of love. She took me shopping for a very special need. When John and I go to Columbus for my chemo infusions, we often have a cooler and two or three other purses or bags to carry all of our things for the day since they end up being a 12 hour day start to finish! I decided I wanted to get one bag for everything and after shopping at four or five stores, Doni helped me find the perfect bag! I ended up ordering it on eBay because I wanted one that was perfectly functional but also sparked great joy at the floral design that is one is very Tricia – ISH! 



I got to have a long awaited for phone call with one of my absolutely favorite people on planet earth but she’s not one to like her photo taken so out of respect, I honored her request to not post my screenshot of us, but the kindred spirit between us is like none other. I love you deeply WT!  This is a photo of me a few years ago at her farm though so at least I can represent a tender moment with one of her creatures. 


Then two lovely human beings came to spend the evening with me and we had a solid night of real life, no superficial anything, only authentic conversation. We played cards, we munched on buttery popcorn, we shared from the soul, we laughed and prayed & I was infused with so much love! I was given cards and gifts from other coworkers who weren’t even here! This office has a special spirit that makes me feel so blessed that I got to work there for one year because I know I will have life long friendships regardless of my work status there. Love you both Chloe and Topher. Donk! 


And a praise health wise is NO nausea at all today so no anti nausea meds!! Just jazzed up on the steroids. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you, Tricia! Your positivity and treasuring of each moment is such an inspiration to me! Thank you for sharing your journey because it ministers to US!! Much love and a hug, your Florida cousin, Linda

Anonymous said...

So happy you’re so full of joy!! Love mom💕