Blog Archive

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Mae day

Shorter blogs when I feel like this. Basically the steroids are completely out of my body, the chemo side effects are kicking in and I don’t have energy to say much. Food started tasting really bitter and metallic-y again, my fatigue is through the roof, my brain fog has started, mouth is cracking, tongue is burning and I’m rather pathetic. Hopefully I can keep nausea at bay. The diarrhea hopefully won’t happen again but I’m ready if it does. The best part of this is it shouldn’t last but a few days. Although the diarrhea didn’t start until 20 days after chemo, so I’m hoping it’s not going to happen.

Slept much of the day off and on. However, I got the gumption to do a little housework and for that I’m thankful but, admittedly, it took a lot out of me.



Some fun news is that our license plate for our Adventure Van that we are calling the WonderVan finally came in. John will continue to build it out in anticipation and hope that we BOTH will be able to take many a trips in it in the upcoming years!



My friends Liz and her daughter, LillyMae, came by with watermelons and LillyMae stayed to help me for several hours. She made me carrot  juice, watered my zinnia, did PT with me and went grocery shopping with me! That was A LOT of activity for me on a day like today and I’m thankful I forced myself to do it. 



Watched The Chosen series this evening where I’m reminded of the sweet, sweet affection Jesus has for me and I find myself feeling closer to Him every time I watch an episode. 


No comments: